The Board of Directors of the Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators has established the Mathematics Teacher Educator Outstanding Reviewer Award, to be presented each year at the Annual Conference.
The purpose of the Mathematics Teacher Educator Outstanding Reviewer Award is to recognize a colleague who, through their service as a reviewer for Mathematics Teacher Educator journal, provided exemplary reviews of the highest quality and value for editorial review of submitted scholarly manuscripts.
List of MTE Outstanding Reviewer Recipients
- Allyson Hallman-Thrasher, Ohio University (2021)
- Alyson Lischka, Middle Tennessee State University (2020)
- Amy Roth McDuffie, Washington State University (2019)
- Shari Stockero, Michigan Technological University (2019)
- Wendy Rose Aaron, Oregon State University (2018)
- Michael D. Steele, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (2017)
Criteria for MTE Outstanding Reviewer Award
The Mathematics Teacher Educator Outstanding Reviewer Award honors reviewers who have conducted exemplary service to the journal and, thus, the field of mathematics teacher education.
- All reviewers who have completed at least three reviews in a two-year period prior to the award year are eligible to be selected for this award.
- Selection is based on timeliness of responding to requests to review and completion of reviews, as well as overall quality of reviews.
For more information on preparing outstanding reviews, you are encouraged to read the March 2016 editorial (Is it educative? The Importance of Reviewers' Feedback) and the MTE review criteria.
The award recipients will receive a plaque and be recognized at the AMTE meeting in the year in which he or she receives the award.