Standards for Preparing Teachers of Mathematics Writing Team
- Nadine Bezuk, San Diego State University, Chair
- Jennifer M. Bay-Williams, University of Louisville, Leadership Team Member
- Douglas H. Clements, University of Denver, Leadership Team Member
- W. Gary Martin, Auburn University, Leadership Team Member
- Julia Aguirre, University of Washington Tacoma
- Timothy Boerst, University of Michigan
- Elizabeth A. Burroughs, Montana State University
- Ed Dickey, University of South Carolina
- Rochelle Gutiérrez, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Elizabeth Hughes, University of Northern Iowa
- DeAnn Huinker, University of Wisconsin — Milwaukee
- Karen Karp, Johns Hopkins University
- W. James Lewis*, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Travis A. Olson, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Randolph A. Philipp, San Diego State University
- Nicole Rigelman, Portland State University
- Marilyn E. Strutchens, Auburn University
- Christine D. Thomas, Georgia State University
- Dorothy Y. White, University of Georgia
* W. James Lewis participated as a member of the Writing Team while serving at the National Science Foundation. Any opinion, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
Thanks to the following people for their work in the design, production, and editing of this document:
- Joe Champion, Boise State University; Website Director, Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators
- Timothy Hendrix, Meredith College; Executive Director, Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators
- Tony Nguyen, Meredith College; Graphic Designer and Webmaster, Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators
- Bonnie Schappelle, San Diego State University; Research Assistant & Copy-Editor
The work of preparing these standards was supported by a grant from the Brookhill Institute of Mathematics.
Recommended Citation Format
Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators. (2017). Standards for Preparing Teachers of Mathematics. Available online at amte.net/standards.
Copying and Reprinting
© 2017 by the Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators. This electronic work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Individual readers of this publication, and nonprofit libraries acting for them, are permitted to make fair use of the material. Permission is granted to quote brief passages from this publication in reviews, provided the customary acknowledgment of the source is given.
Inquiries and requests can also be made by e-mail to email@example.com, or by mail to the Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators, c/o Meredith College, 3800 Hillsborough Street, Raleigh, NC 27607.